Welcome to Goals & Good Vibes! I personally have been struggling with self-care lately and I wanted to come up with a list of tips to help other mama’s who may be feeling similar or may be neglecting themselves. I really feel like taking care of yourself benefits your kids. You should never feel guitly for setting aside time to take care of yourself, and I know a lot of moms do. Self-care makes you feel less stressed and you tend to be happier and become more efficient in your daily life with all the tasks you need to get done.
Taking mini breaks for yourself throughout your day are imperative for your sanity and you aren’t doing yourself or your kids any favors by neglecting your needs and risking burnout.. So here are 7 Self-Care Tips That Will Make You A Better Mom. I hope they are able to help some of you prioritize yourself as a mom and realize you need time to yourself once in awhile to be the best mom you can possibly be.
- Wake up before your kids. You can do anything you want in this time. Just a few peaceful moments to start your day will set the tone for how the rest of your day goes. An example might be listening to a podcast with your morning coffee..or reading a few pages of your favorite book.
- Incorporate something physical into your day. Physical activity has so many health benefits for your body. You should schedule in atleast 30 minutes for yourself a day that will get your blood flowing. You can do some stretching when you first get up, look up a fun dance workout on youtube, take a quick jog.
- Recite postive affirmations to yourself. For me, I have some days where I feel defeated and like I can’t do anything right or I should be doing more. It’s so important to feed your mind positive things. You can say..”I’m doing the best with what I know at this time.” “I’m always learning.” “I am strong, and will get through this day, like I get through every other day.”
- Explore a new hobby. Find something that brings you joy and that you’re passionate about. For me, I like creating things in my down time. It can literally be anything that you love doing. Find something and try it out. If it doesn’t work out, pick something else. The options are endless.
- Consider Therapy. I understand that not everyone has access to therapy..but there are tons of options out there and resources to help find low-cost counseling or you could join a support group for moms online.. anything that helps you have some sort of release of your feelings and gives you reassurance that you’re doing the best you can.
- Sit outside distraction free. You may feel guilty if you go take a break outside to do nothing, but I’m telling you from experience it’s a really good method of getting re-focused for your day; Try taking 5 minutes to yourself atleast where you can sit outside with no distractions and focus on your breathing or just looking at what’s around you. It’s pretty peaceful to “just be” sometimes.
- Take time for mediation or prayer. There are a wide variety of guided mediations that aren’t long, but will help you re-center you during a busy day or night that you can easily find on youtube. You can even explore a religion that resonates with your beliefs and take a minute to pray and maybe even listen to some kind of spiritual music.
Thanks for reading! I hope you can find one of these tips useful. Let me know in the comments 🙂